Emergency Weather – What to do?
In the event of a school emergency or for school schedule changes due to adverse weather conditions and/or other emergency situations connect to FlashAlert.net for updated communications.
Note: If you are signed up to FlashAlert Newswire, you will automatically receive information about delays or closures on your phone and/or computer.
Index School on FlashAlert.net
Weather / Snow Days
This is a good time of year to remind you that Index is a part of the Puget Sound Emergency Communications System. During periods of extreme weather conditions, school will be delayed or closed. In addition, buses may run on an abbreviated schedule. Here is a list of radio, TV stations and websites you can use for up-to-the-minute information and/or changes.
- Radio – AM — KCIS 630 – KAPS 660 – KIRO 710 – KIXI 880 – KOMO 1000 – KYCW 1090 KRKO 1380 – KBRC 1430
- Radio – FM — KPLU 88.5 – KSER 90.7 – KLSY 92.5 – KUBE 93.3 – KMPS 94.1 – KBSG 97.3 – KMTT 103.7 – KCMS 105.3 – KRWM 106.9 –
- TV Stations – KOMO 4 – KING 5 / KONG 6 – KIRO 7 – KVOS 12 – KCPQ 13
(DIRECTIONS TO CONNECT)
- Go to the Flashalert.net website
- In upper left corner, click on View Local News
- Choose Seattle-Western Washington
- (Under Search) Choose Island & Snohomish Co. School District
- Choose Index SD
- Under Primary email address for new acount, put in email address for alerts to be sent.
- In the signup page, input your confirmed email address and password.
- Click Create Your Account, and you are done. (At this point, you can request a test email be sent to you through the app). The setup will walk you through this.