Mid- November Update
Hello 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade families,
Conferences are coming up on December 4th, 5th and 6th. Thank you to those parents who have filled out and returned the form that was sent home asking for your first, second, and third choices of when works well for you to meet for your child’s conference. Once all of the forms from all three classrooms have been returned, we will compare time requests in order to schedule student conferences with siblings in multiple classes back to back if possible. I’m looking forward to meeting with each of you to share how your child has been learning in class, answer any questions you may have, and partner together with you to create the best possible learning experience for your child.
As we near the end of November (early release on the 27th this month, and no school on the 28th or 29th), students are participating in lessons with a Thanksgiving theme, and sharing the things they are grateful for with the class. This also aligns with the social emotional learning that is ongoing in our school. Students have been working hard on their regular classroom academics as follows:
- Math: Current units of study include:
- 2nd grade- Less than and greater than with sums and differences, and measurement.
- 3rd grade- Measurement of time and grams.
- 4th grade- Story problem application of meters, grams, and liters.
- Language Arts: We continue to learn new spelling patterns and apply them in our reading and writing, as well as work on daily 5 lessons each day (Read to Self, Work on Writing, Read to Someone, Word Word, Listen to Reading). Students are finishing writing guidebooks for their imaginary island projects.
- Science: Students are learning about botany and nutrition and which parts of plants are fruits and which are vegetables.
- Social Studies: Students are finishing creating maps of the United states, and learning the names and locations of all 50 states. Students are also continuing the work on their imaginary islands, creating maps and guidebooks of their islands.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the office number is: 360-793-1330, which can transfer you to the classroom.