Mid- December Update
Hello 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade families,
I enjoyed getting to meet with each of you during our conferences, hearing about how your children are doing at home, and sharing how they’re doing in class.
I’m so proud of our young musicians’ performances during our winter concert! Thank you for coming and making the event one to remember.
The end of December is a short learning time because we get out early on Friday the 20th at 11:30 and have the next two weeks off for winter break! However, before break, our classroom academics will continue as follows:
- Language Arts: Students are learning about conjunctions. They each have individualized spelling lists, and we continue to learn new spelling patterns and apply them in our reading and writing. Daily 5 lessons each day each day include: Read to Self, Work on Writing, Read to Someone, Word Word, Listen to Reading. Students are writing, editing and illustrating paragraphs with topic and supporting sentences.
- Math: Current units of study include:
- 2nd grade- Sums and differences to 100, with measurement.
- 3rd grade- rounding 2 and 3 digit measurements to the nearest 10 or 100.
- 4th grade- solving division word problems with remainders.
- Science: Students are taking on the role of meteorologists to study weather.
- Social Studies: Students are learning about how communities are effected by the landscapes, weather, plants, and animals of their environments, and how communities function with respect to transportation, food, shelter, defense, communication, and culture.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com, or the office number is: 360-793-1330, which can transfer you to the classroom. Social emotional learning is ongoing in this class.