Late February- March Update
Hello 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade families,
Thank you to everyone who came to see our students perform their book talks on the 13th! The work and practice students put into creating them certainly paid off.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mid-winter break!
Our last Wednesday field trip to the aquatic center is this Wednesday, February 26th. This is a make-up day from when our first swim trip was cancelled due to snow. Please make sure that your child brings (or wears) a swimsuit and brings a towel.
Classroom academics continue as follows:
- Language Arts: Narrative story writing and daily 5 lessons
- Math: Current units of study include:
- 2nd grade- Sums and differences to 100, with measurement.
- 3rd grade- Multiplication facts of 6s, 7s, 8s, and 9s..
- 4th grade- Lines, problem solving with measurement of angles, two dimensional figures and symmetry.
- Science: Identify and compare patterns in temperature and precipitation across a month of data in three locations.
- Social Studies: Imaginary Island presentations: flier coming soon on when this presentation will be held, parents/families invited. Beginning cultural studies of Native American tribes and geography.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the office number is: 360-793-1330, which can transfer you to the classroom. Social emotional learning is ongoing in this class.