Hello! My name is Miss Kendra. I loved teaching 3rd grade, but I am excited to welcome the new opportunities teaching a multi-grade classroom in Index will bring. Most recently, I finished my English Language Learner Endorsement through Pacific Lutheran University. I earned my Master in Teaching from Whitworth University in 2015. I taught in Kent School District for 3 years. I enjoy learning alongside children each day.
Events/Assignments to watch for:
- ELA/Social Studies: We just started our first Magic Treehouse book, Dragon of the Red Dawn, for ELA and Social Studies. We will continue to work with this book, and a non-fiction text about Modern Japan culture for the coming months.
- 2nd Grade is working hard with understanding adding and subtracting 10’s and 100’s using different strategies.
- 3rd grade is working on fractions
- 4th grade is working hard on multi-digit multiplication
- Writing: Through the month of March we will be focusing on the editing and revision steps in the writing process.
- Swimming ends!
- March 6- Last day of swimming
- March 13-15- Conferences
- March 22- Wreck it Ralph Breaks the Internet movie night @ 6:30 PM
- March 29- Early Release for Spring Break
- Return from Spring Break April 8