Hello! My name is Miss Kendra. I loved teaching 3rd grade, but I am excited to welcome the new opportunities teaching a multi-grade classroom in Index will bring. Most recently, I finished my English Language Learner Endorsement through Pacific Lutheran University. I earned my Master in Teaching from Whitworth University in 2015. I taught in Kent School District for 3 years. I enjoy learning alongside children each day.
Events/Assignments to watch for: May is a busy month filled with a lot of fun events! Thank you to all of the parents for making sure students were here everyday during testing.
**Culture Fair- May 17 12:45- 1:15– Parents of presenting students are welcome for join us at 1:30 for the food portion of the Culture Fair. Guidelines on bring an optional dish that corresponds with your child’s culture project will be coming home this week.**
- ELA/Social Studies: We are learning all about Japan using a non-fiction text. We are also learning how to find information in a non-fiction text efficiently. Soon we will be working on writing an essay using information from both the non-fiction text about Japan and Dragon of the Red Dawn.
- 2nd Grade is working hard with understanding adding and subtracting 10’s and 100’s using the place value
- 3rd grade is working on measurement and data
- 4th grade is working hard on fractions and decimals
- Writing: Through the month of May we will be focusing on the editing and revision steps in the writing process.
- May Events:
- May 3- Let Off S.T.E.A.M. Day
- May 9- Field Trip to Everett to look at bronze sculptures
- May 10- Visit from bronze artist
- May 14- Field trip to a beach
- May 17- Culture Fair
- May 21- Field trip to the S.H.A.C.K.
- May 23- Early Release- for Memorial Day Weekend (No school May 24 & 27)